Online shopping and daily shipments have become commonplace for countless people. You appreciate the benefit of having goods dropped right at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy has become a serious problem, but you are able to do something about it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to dissuade package theft, but they provide significantly more.
Take a moment to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be a crucial facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Charleston video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer an array of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps advancing. You are now able to set up detection zones, speak to whoever’s on your porch, and receive real-time updates whenever something arrives.
The simplest way to see how a Charleston video doorbell camera works is to explore the many perks it offers. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to get this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging theft with warning lights and audible alerts. This is a great way to let porch pirates know that you are watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the whole picture, and that includes the faces of people at your door and boxes on the surface below. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid images at any hour: What’s the point of getting a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and challenging to see? Leading models will provide amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You are able to get instant notifications from video doorbells that can tell the difference between visitors and boxes.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is there somebody standing at your door? Bi-directional audio allows you to ask their purpose for being there. You could even use this beneficial feature to scare off people lurking around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will allow you to reduce false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the chance to view current and archived video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may engage with them right from your phone, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even allow you to talk with the person at your door. These devices have turned into game-changers in terms of safety and convenience.