Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Charleston smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in full command of your Charleston home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and find suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Charleston do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to devices through radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also provides convenient remote operability via the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the tasks you can carry out:
- Review real-time or recorded video from all linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Charleston by setting schedules or creating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by following the instructions above. You will then need to verify you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Charleston
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add an additional user in the future. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, select email or phone and provide the information to send an invitation.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, press users, select the user you wish to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Charleston home security system. Dial (304) 902-6244 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.