What you should look for in a home security camera in Charleston
So many homeowners in Charleston want to see what’s going on at home when they are not home This is a primary reason why security cameras are some of the smartest devices to think about as you figure out your home’s security. Even though standalone cameras are of use when set up properly, they’re even more helpful when included into your residence’s smart home system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in Charleston? You’ll be glad to discover these important components come with more conveniences than ever before. You may see live streams from inside cameras or surprise those lurking about with incorporated deterrents from outside cameras. And you can direct your security cameras easily in the same app.
Dynamic features bolster home security cameras in Charleston
Versatile and easy-to-incorporate security cameras will elevate your home’s protection to a whole new level. These vital elements of your alarm system may come equipped with an incredible array of features including bi-directional talk, night vision, and mobile access. Take a look at the available options here.
- Forceful deterrents: Install a security camera that will take immediate action. If odd movement is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a bright circle of red light will emerge around the camera lens and a loud warning will sound.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision capability offers clear-cut images of your property no matter the time of day. Your cameras will also keep their clarity when closing in on specific spots.
- Cloud storage: Look for devices with recording and storage cloud capabilities and the ability to review clips right from your cell phone app.
- Mobile app: Today’s surveillance systems in Charleston are frequently paired to a handy app on your smartphone. You have the opportunity to watch current footage or recorded clips and even activate or deactivate your alarms. The Vivint App will send a notification to your cell phone if the cameras are triggered.
- Motion detectors: Built-in motion detection allows cameras to engage whenever unusual activity occurs. You’ll also get an update on your mobile device.
- Converse with visitors or family: Need to touch base with your kids after school? Do you have a visitor at your doorstep? The latest residential security cameras, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient 2-way talk so you may speak to anyone captured by your equipment.
- Greater viewing angles: As a good rule of thumb, your outside cameras should provide an angle of 120° or higher. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro gives you 140° views.
- Custom zone coverage: This convenience gives you the chance to designate the precise space you wish your camera to cover. This will be helpful to better define the movement you surveil as you aren’t going to want notifications whenever a car travels by on the road.
Design your own smart home
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Charleston. All that remains is to get started on your customized Vivint smart home. Phone (304) 902-6244 to get started or complete the following form to engage our home protection and automation specialists.